Monday 5 September 2011

Starter For Ten

Good God I'm blogging. After three years of having this account I'm blogging. I don't know what's got into me. Busy week coming up too, moving in to the new flat, reports and seminars to write etc.

So this isn't the only bit of teh internetz I've been reacquainting myself with. I've wound up checking out Skype again, as it might be the most practical way to keep in touch with absent friends. I'm still not impressed.
I remember when I sent contact requests to lots of people when I first synced my Facebook to it and didn't get that many people sharing their details with me. I think I get why now: I got my friend to request my details the other day and when I logged in to my account, I couldn't for the life of me find where I "accept" him. Luckily I seem to have accepted him automatically, lord knows how.
I'm not a technophobe or anything, but why can't it be as simple as Facebook friend requests?

Anyway, other thoughts from my head today are:
  • Over the weekend I made Yorkshire pudding for Yorkshire people, and they liked it. This makes me happy.
  • Doing some Googling for my research internship, I discovered someone had made a Facebook fan page for transverse isotropy. I find that incredibly sad.
  • Whilst on the subject of Maths, I've greatly been enjoying Alex In Numberland by Alex Bellos on my commute to work. I'd recommend it even to non-mathematicians, lots of ace stuff about puzzles and maths place in society etc.
Right, I think that's all for now. Maybe I'll write something really constructive eventually, like how I love _insert band name here_ or something.

Cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment